Call for Award Nominations
The Community Investment Network (CIN) will present national recognition awards at its 2016 Annual Conference.
The purpose of the awards are to:
- * Celebrate creative solutions from communities of colors in CIN-member giving circle cities
- * Encourage donor of color initiatives within major philanthropic institutions
- * Recognize excellence in the field of philanthropy
These awards are non-competitive. Candidates for nomination must submit an award application, providing information and images related to their contribution of time, talent and treasure to the field of philanthropy.
Honorees will be announced in advance of the conference and promoted as a part of the conference program. We strongly encourage nominees to attend the event if they are selected as an honoree.
Categories and Criteria:
- * Giving Circle (1 award per CIN giving circle)
Giving Circles will have an opportunity to offer recognition to their members or a grantee at our national awards program.
- * Host City (2 local honorees)
Local Host City will recognize local donors of color or organizations serving communities of color within the city hosting the Annual CIN Conference.
- * CIN Leadership (up to 3 honorees)
CIN Board of Directors will select up to three individuals or organizations that support or drive initiatives that encourage time, talent and treasure.
- * Giving Circle category Award Honorees must be sponsored/hosted by a giving circle in good financial standing with CIN.
- * Award Honorees should be available to attend the Awards Program in order to receive the awards.
- * Honorees will be notified at least 45 days in advance of the Awards Program and will receive two (2) complimentary seats to the Awards Program.
- * Giving Circle honorees will receive award pieces and an opportunity to make very brief (:60 second) remarks at the Awards Program.
- * Host City honoree will have $1,000 donated to a local charity of his or her choice.
CIN Award Honorees will be guided by a Selection Committee comprised of the following representatives. The committee should not have more than 7 members:
- * at least 1 CIN Board Member, Chair
- * no more than 1 Host Circle representative, Co-Chair
- * no more than 1 CIN Advisory Council member
- * 2 at-large seats (to be seated by awards committee chairperson)
Please contact Lisa Haygood at email@example.com
with questions about our awards program.